We all like delicious and yummy foods. But at times we are in such a hurry that we skip the idea of cooking ourselves a delicious breakfast and stick to the bottled foods. But no more this quick and super easy Rava Appam recipe is here to save the day. Rava Appam is basically a snack prepared with semolina (Soozi) and lots of veggies. It is basically a typical breakfast in the tables of South Indian homes. So let’s eat healthy and start the day!
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Super quick and delicious instant RAVA APPAM recipe!
- Semolina soozi- 1 cup
- Curd- 1 cup
- Green chili- 2pcs fine chopped
- Salt- 1tbs.
- Green peas- a handful
- Eno- 1 ½ tbs
- Curry leaves- 5-6pcs
- Black mustard seeds- ½ tbs approx for tadka
- Capsicum- 1pc
- Carrot – 1pc
- Onion- 1pc
Step 1: Chopping the veggies
Cut the veggies into big cubes and chop using a chopper. (Easier than doing with a knife)
Step 2: Batter preparation
- In a medium bowl, take semolina and entire curd and mix well.
- Add a little water to smoothen the batter. Add 1 tbs of salt and a little more water and mix well.
- Now, add the chopped veggies, fine chopped green chilies and mix. Add green peas as well and mix the batter smoothly.
Step 3: Adding the tadka
- Take a tadka pan and heat oil in it. Add black mustard seeds and let it crack. Add the curry leaves and tadka is ready.
- Add the tadka to the batter made and mix them thoroughly.
- Leave the batter to rest for 20 minutes.
- Now, add water to thin the batter as the semolina would have made the batter thick after getting soaked. Add eno to the batter and pour little water to activate it. (As it is instant appam we have used eno, you can use baking soda as well)
Step 4. Cooking time
- Take an appam pan and put drops of refine oil. Grease the pan well.
- With the help of a spoon pour appam batter to the pan nicely but don’t pour much as it needs room to cook and puff.
- Now, cover the lid and cook for 3 mins on a medium flame.
- Open the lid and check. Brush the appam with oil and turn them upside down with the help of a spoon so they cook evenly from both sides.
- Cover again and cook for 1-2 mins.
Now your sizzling and healthy breakfast is ready to be served. Serve it with red sauce. Enjoy and yeah, Happy cooking!
- It’s easier to chop veggies in a chopper, saves a lot of time.
- Always mix the batter by pouring water gradually, it helps in maintain consistency.
- We have used Eno as its Instant recipe for Rava Appam, you can always use baking soda.
- While pouring the batter in the pan always be careful with the quantity as overflowing might not produce best looking results.