Chicken Manchurian has a very colorful history carved behind. It tastes so delicious and its story is super interesting as well. It all began with when a chef named Nelson Wang in the year 1975 was asked to cook something that was not on the menu of the food served during the catering for Cricket Club of India. He made such a tempting dish which was the perfect amalgamation of Indian spices and Chinese techniques. Making Chicken Manchurian at home is not a tedious task and you may enjoy its taste every time you crave for it. The Chicken Manchurian we eat at restaurants is so yummy that kids often and even we do love to dine outside but having so much of outside food is not healthy so one can easily make chicken Manchurian restaurant style at home. We have simplified the process of making super tasty chicken Manchurian. All you have to do is follow it nicely. This Chicken Manchurian step by step recipe is so easy and the end result just tastes heavenly. So let’s get started.
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Yummy and super delicious Chicken Manchurian
- Minced chicken: 300gms
- Onion: 1nos fine chopped
- Capsicum: 1nos fine chopped
- Carrots: 1nos fine chopped
- Refined oil: 2tbs
- Corn flour: 2tbs
- Salt: as per taste
- Ching’s secret dark soya sauce: 1tbs
- Smith & Jones ginger-garlic paste: 1tbs
- 10. Ching’s veg Manchurian masala: 1pkt
- 11. Oil for frying
Step 1: Mixing the chicken and making the Manchurian balls
- In a medium bowl take the minced chicken and put corn flour, soya sauce, ginger-garlic paste and salt as per taste. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now make small round balls from the ingredients by taking a small portion of the mixture and rolling into a ball shape. Make balls from all the ingredients and keep on a plate.
Step 2: Frying the balls
- Now put the gas on and place a kadhai and pour oil sufficient for deep frying the Manchurian balls. When the oil is hot put the balls in and deep fry them by continuously stirring it so that they don’t burn. Fry till they are golden brown.
- When they are done take them out on a plate and start making the gravy.
Step 3: The gravy part
- First of all take 300ml of water in a bowl and put the entire content of ching’s veg Manchurian masala in it and mix well so that there are no lumps.
- Now, turn the gas on and place a medium kadhai on it and put 2tbs of oil and heat up. Put the veggies in and fry for just 2mins. Now add the Manchurian mixture we made with water into it and mix well and furthermore add the chicken balls into the kadhai as well and mix them till the water boils up. Cook for at least 4-5mins and keep on stirring so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
Step 4: Serve up
After cooking it for 4-5mins turn the gas off and serve well with a little garnishing of chopped spring onions and enjoy.
- Making Manchurian is not that difficult just chicken need to be properly minced and nicely seasoned so that it binds well.
- Make small balls and fry them well till golden brown so they are nice in texture.
- Choose the consistency of the gravy as per your taste and you can more veggies if you like.
If one is a true foodie then their ultimate love lies with Chinese dishes. It’s quite delicious and very difficult for one to resist eating them. Kids just love to have chicken Manchurian all the time and having the outside food can be a risk to one’s health but you can always make super yummy chicken Manchurian restaurant style and just enjoy it. Happy cooking!