Zingy parcel is the most wanted side dishes especially by the kids from the time it made its entry in the menu of Dominoes. It is zingy, tasty, spicy puffed pastry which is filled with delicious paneer filling and seasons with lots of pizza seasonings. It’s basically the Indian version of the Italian pizza just its shape is like a pocket with yum fillings.
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
ZINGY PARCEL RECIPE
- Maida- 150gms
- Yeast- 1tsp.
- Sugar- 1tbs.
- Olive oil- as per requirement you can use refined oil as well
- Luke warm water
- Paneer- 100gms
- Turmeric powder- ½ tbs.
- Melted butter- 3tbs.
- Grated garlic- 1tbs.
- Chili flakes- 1tbs.
- Garam masala- ½ tbs.
- Black pepper powder- ¼ tbs.
- Corn flour- 3-4tbs.
- Mayonnaise- 2 tbs.
Step 1: Activate yeast
- Take a medium bowl. Pour little luke warm water, add 2 pinch salt, 1tbs sugar, 1tbs yeast. Mix well the contents and leave for 10 mins.
- Now, add maida, pizza seasoning, 2tbs olive oil and knead the dough nicely. (Add appropriate water to knead the dough in proper consistency)
- Place little oil in the palms of your hand and tuck the dough well so it reaches the right consistency.
- Cover the dough with a foil/plastic and set aside for 2-3 hours.
Step 2: Prepare the stuffing
- Cut paneer in small cubes. Take a bowl, keep the paneer in it and add ½ tubes turmeric powder, ¼ black pepper powder, ½ tbs garam masala, chili flakes, ½ tbs pizza seasoning and 2 tbs mayonnaise. Mix it well with light hands to avoid breaking the paneer.
- Keep it aside for an hour.
Step 3: Garlic butter
- To add more taste to it we can use garlic butter as well. Its very simple so let’s make it but it’s totally optional.
- Add the crushed garlic in the melted butter and keep aside.
Step 4: Stuffing the parcel
- Open the cover of the dough and knead it again so the air comes out.
- Sprinkle little bit of corn flour and roll it in a rectangle shape. Cut the roll in 4 equal parts.
- Now, roll the dough one by one into a thin roll (just like a roti). Add garlic butter over it (optional). Don’t brush on the sides.
- Fold the roll into a triangle and seal with butter. Now, add little paneer stuffing over it and make small pockets. Add a little brushing of garlic butter, pizza seasonings and chili flakes as well.
Step 5: Baking the zingy parcel
Keep the zingy parcel pockets on a greased tray and bake at 200 degree celcius for 25-30 minutes.
You can now see the perfectly puffed up dominoes style zingy parcel smelling amazing. Now, indulge!
- You can find yeast easily in your nearby grocery or departmental store.
- Always use luke warm water to activate yeast.
- Knead the dough just like pizza dough so it puffs up nicely.
- Garlic butter is optional, you can opt out but its so easy and enhances the taste so much.