Watch the full recipe video in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Click the subscribe button for more Amazing recipes every week
Creamy and tasty Rasmalai just like Haldirams!
- Milk: 2ltr
- Sugar: 200gms
- Lemon Juice: Of 2 Lemons
- Cardamom powder: 1 tbs
- Pistachio: for garnishing chopped
- Almonds: for garnishing chopped
- Saffron: a little
Step 1: Making chena out of milk
- At first boil 2litres of milk. Gradually start adding lemon juice to it so it breaks down and Chena forms.
- Now, take a medium bowl and place mulmul/muslin cloth on top of it. Gradually pour the chena on top of it so that the water drains off.
- Now, wash the chena at least twice so that the sourness subsides. Now squeeze all the water out of the chena so that a nice chena balls shapes up and keep aside for a few minutes.
Step 2: Kneading the chena
Now take the chena ball out on a plate soda and knead it thoroughly with firm hands for at least 8-10mins so that the mixture is nice and smooth without cracks.
Step 3: Making the Pedas for Rasmalai
Furthermore, make small round chena balls and flatten then out like Peda’s from the entire chena.
Step 4: Boiling the pedas
Turn the gas on, place a pan, pour ½ litre of water and 100gms sugar and bring to boil. Now add the peda’s we made from the chena and boil in the sugar water with a covered lid for 20mins. The pedas will be twice the original size after they boils.
Step 5: Rabri making
- In a kadhai boil 1litre of milk. Do keep stirring in between so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. When the milk starts to reduce, add cardamom powder and stir well. Add a little saffron and 100gms of sugar as well and mix them all.
- Furthermore add chopped pista and almonds and mix well. Turn the gas off and pour the content in a bowl and let it rest.
Step 6: Adding the pedas to the rabri
Now stir the Rabri again. Carefully squeeze the water out of the pedas and dip in the Rabri so they soak the Rabri nicely in itself.
Serve well a little more garnishing of pista, almonds and saffron. Enjoy!
- While making chena out of milk if you see 2 lemon juice is not enough add a little more.
- Kneading the chena is very important. At least for 10-12mins kneading is important.
- Chena balls after boiling will be twice the size, so make appropriate size balls and use big utensil so to give space for the pedas to shape up.
- It’s important to reduce the milk for Rasmalai gradually by constantly stirring as it may stick to bottom of the pan.