Well come the month of summer and craving for sweet and chilled items boosts up. But eating healthy around this time is important too. Shrikhnad is a great Indian sweet dish that is prepared with hung curd which is super good for us during summers as it keeps our body cool especially the stomach. Kids should particularly eat this but kids are kids. They’ll nag before they eat. So let’s make something very appetizing. Vermicelli shrikhand is sweet dish like an Indian ice cream in which Vermicelli Shrikhand is served in Vermicelli cups. It looks so unique that it becomes super favorite in between the kids. One should definitely make and eat it. Making Vermicelli shrikhnad is not very tough rather a very easy recipe. Beating the scorching heat with this is a great way to enjoy the taste and that too without compromising health. Follow our easy shrikhand recipe with vermicelli cups and serve these super tasty desserts to your family. Add fruits to shrikhand and make fruits shrikhand recipes and enjoy. Vermicelli shrikhand is like the Indian ice cream in which shrikhand is served in vermicelli cups. So go ahead and follow this step by step vermicelli shrikhand recipe and enjoy!
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Yummy and refreshing: Vermicelli Shrikhand
- Hung curd: 250gms
- Powdered sugar: 100gms
- Vermicelli: 100gms
- Condensed milk: 3tbs
- Milk: 1tbs
- Cardamom powder: 1tbs
- Butter: a little
- Pomegranate: a little
- Pista: a little chopped
- Almonds: a little chopped
- Saffron: a pinch
Step 1: Prepping the vermicelli
- First of all in a pan take some butter and let it melt. Once it has melted down put the vermicelli in and fry till golden brown.
- Add the condensed milk and mix well.
Step 2: Making vermicelli cups
- Now take a silicon mould and with a spoon fill the mould with vermicelli. Press it with spoon and give it the shape of a small bowl.
- One can make it with a small bowl with a lining of plastic sheet as well and filling it same way like the silicon mould. It’s super easy.
- And let all the mould set for an hour in the refrigerator.
Step 3: Making the shrikhand
- In a big bowl put the hung curd in and add the powdered sugar as well and mix it well with a spatula. Put cardamom powder and a little saffron mixed with milk as well and mix everything in.
- Whisk it well and make smooth texture.
Step 4: Assembling up
Now pour with a spoon pour shrikhand into the vermicelli cups and garnish with a little saffron, pista, almonds and a few pomegranates and serve well.
Enjoy the home made super yummy rajkachori
- The curd needs to be dry and not watery so we will let the curd be in a strainer so the water drains out for 5mins.
- Vermicelli cups can be made without a silicon mould as well like it has been discussed in the steps.
- Refrigerating the cups makes it become sturdy so they can hold the refreshing shrikand in.
If one’s stomach is happy, be rest assured his mind is happy too. In this scorching heat why let go the love of your food. Make this super easy and refreshing vermicelli shrikand which is like an Indian ice cream served in a homemade vermicelli cups. It’s so refreshing that even kids would just love it. A perfect sweet dish to serve at kitty parties or small get together. So enjoy and happy cooking!