Lassi, the most popular beverage of India and that too particularly from the houses of Punjab. Lassi has been famous from a very long time and is a northern delight. Prepared with fresh curd, it has a great refreshing taste and lots of benefits as well. When the Sun starts to be unbearable a chilled glass of lassi is a delight. And when its Mango lassi, it’s even better. Mango lassi or mango yogurt smoothie is such a great beverage to taste. Mango lassi is packed with benefits as well and Mango lassi calories are a lot less than other desserts. Over here I am sharing a Mango lassi with yogurt recipe. It’s super easy and a quick delight from the scorching sun. So let’s make a yummy mango lassi.
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Super easy and quick summer delight: MANGO LASSI
- Mango: 2pcs Ripe
- Fresh Curd: 1 cup about 3 big spoonful
- Sugar: 2tbs
- pistachio: a handful cut into pieces
- Coconut powder
- Ice cubes
Step 1: Prepping the vermicelli
- First of all in a pan take some butter and let it melt. Once it has melted down put the vermicelli in and fry till golden brown.
- Add the condensed milk and mix well.
Step 2: Making vermicelli cups
- Now take a silicon mould and with a spoon fill the mould with vermicelli. Press it with spoon and give it the shape of a small bowl.
- One can make it with a small bowl with a lining of plastic sheet as well and filling it same way like the silicon mould. It’s super easy.
- And let all the mould set for an hour in the refrigerator.
Step 3: Making the shrikhand
- In a big bowl put the hung curd in and add the powdered sugar as well and mix it well with a spatula. Put cardamom powder and a little saffron mixed with milk as well and mix everything in.
- Whisk it well and make smooth texture.
Step 4: Assembling up
Now pour with a spoon pour shrikhand into the vermicelli cups and garnish with a little saffron, pista, almonds and a few pomegranates and serve well.
Enjoy the home made super yummy rajkachori
- The curd needs to be dry and not watery so we will let the curd be in a strainer so the water drains out for 5mins.
- Vermicelli cups can be made without a silicon mould as well like it has been discussed in the steps.
- Refrigerating the cups makes it become sturdy so they can hold the refreshing shrikand in.
If one’s stomach is happy, be rest assured his mind is happy too. In this scorching heat why let go the love of your food. Make this super easy and refreshing vermicelli shrikand which is like an Indian ice cream served in a homemade vermicelli cups. It’s so refreshing that even kids would just love it. A perfect sweet dish to serve at kitty parties or small get together. So enjoy and happy cooking!