Sabudana is considered a fasting food in Indian homes. When we Indians do fast on occasion of holy festivities we tend to avoid whole grains and other stuffs and resort to foods that are pure and considered fit to eat during fasting and one such food is SABUDANA. Sabudana at times can be bland to taste and we Indian are too fond of spicy foods and during fasts street foods attract our eyes way too much. Sabudana vada or sabudana tikki is popular fried snack from the region of Maharastra and eateneries out their often serve this chaat variety.There is a super smart, quick and super tasty solution to Sabudana Vada chaat recipe. Wondering how to make crispy sabudana vada and its chaat at home? Worry no more and let’s begin!
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Spongy and tasty Rasgulla just like Haldirams!
- At first boil 1.5litres of milk. Gradually start adding lemon juice to it so it breaks down and Chena forms.
- Now, take a medium bowl and place mulmul/muslin cloth on top of it. Gradually pour the chena on top of it so that the water drains off.
- Now, wash the chena at least twice so that the sourness subsides. Now squeeze all the water out of the chena so that a nice chena balls shapes up and keep aside for a few minutes.
Now take the chena ball out on a plate, add maida, cornflour, pinch of baking soda and knead it with firm hands for at least 12-15mins so that the mixture is nice and smooth without cracks.
Make small round chena balls out of the chena kneaded.
- Turn the gas on, place a kadhai, pour sugar in it and water about 1cup and stir to mix and make sugar syrup.
- The sugar syrup should be clean so add a little milk so the waste starts to float on top and lightly remove the film from top.
- Put cardamom powder and a little lemon juice as well and stir so that it doesn’t freezes when cooled down.
- Now, put the balls in sugar syrup and let it boil for about 15-20mins.
The rasgullas must be twice the size now. Now add a little water if the syrup is too thick. Turn the gas off and let it cool off.
Serve it well with garnishing of pistachios. Enjoy!
- While making chena out of milk if you see 2 lemon juice is not enough add a little more.
- 5L of milk gives about 250gms of chena so 25gms of maida and corn flour are taken accordingly. The measurement can be altered accordingly as well.
- Kneading the chena is very important. At least for 15-20mins kneading is important.
- Chena balls after boiling will be twice the size, so make appropriate size balls and use big utensil so to give space for the rasgullas to shape up.
- We need light consistency sugar syrup not too thick or too runny.