Paneer Kolhapuri is a delicious and mouth watering spicy dish in which Paneer is cooked in a amazing kolhapuri style gravy. The gravy has ground spices and coconut and soft and tasty paneer is dipped in the gravy. It tastes amazing; one can eat with rice or even chapattis. You must be wondering how to cook this super tasty dish, don’t worry this is a super easy way on how to cook paneer kolhapuri. So let’s enjoy!
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Mouth watering and tasty- Paneer Kolhapuri!
- Paneer: 400gms
- Turmeric powder: 1tbs
- Red chili powder: 1tbs
- Sesame seeds White: 2tbs
- Poppy seeds: ¼ tbs
- Coriander powder: 1tbs
- Coconut Shreds: 4tbs
- Salt: 1tbs
- Kasuri Methi: a little
- Fresh coriander: for garnishing
- Cashew: 10-15pcs
- Tomato: 6pcs medium sized
- Ginger: 1inch
- Garlic: 10-12 cloves
- Onion: 2pc chopped
- Cumin seeds: 2tbs
- Bay leaf: 2pcs
- Black pepper: a little
- Cloves: 4-5pcs
- Green cardamom: 2pc
- Dry red chili: 2pc
- Black Cardamom: 2pc
- Cinnamon stick: 1inch
Step 1 : Preparing the masala
- Turn on the gas, in a pan dry roast cumin seeds, Cloves, Cinnamon stick, Dry red chilies, green and black cardamom, sesame seeds, coconut shreds and poppy seeds for a little while.
- Now grind these ingredients into a fine powder.
Step 2 : Frying the fresh ingredients
In a kadhai pour 2tbs of oil, add onion, garlic, ginger, tomatoes and cashew and fry a little for 2-3mins till they are soft. Blend these ingredients as well in a fine paste.
Step 3 : Making the gravy
- In the same kadhai put bay leaf, cumin seeds and fry a little. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and fry for ½ mins. Now pour the tomato and onion paste that we made earlier and then gradually add the dry roasted masala powder we made and mix well. Fry this for 1-2 mins till they start emitting oil.
- Add a little water so that the masala doesn’t burn. Add salt and mix. Add paneer and mix it with light hands.
- Add about 1 cup of water and mix well. Add a little kasuri methi. Cook it for 5mins with the lid covered.
Add a little fresh coriander and mix well. Serve hot with rotis or nice. Enjoy!
- Dry roast the masala and grind in a fine powder.
- Making a fine paste of the tomatoes, Cashew, onions and ginger by frying them a little enhances the taste of the gravy.
- Crush a little kasuri methi and add it to the gravy for a whole new taste and fragrance.