Gond ke ladoo also known as Panjiri is a north Indian dessert specially made during the winter seasons. It not only tastes yummy but has health benefits as well. It is consumed during winters as it is good source of heat. It is a well know sweet dish in India and you can easily find them in sweet shops especially during winters. Gond ke ladoos health benefits are innumerous as Gond ke ladoos are consumed in pregnancy and people have Gond ke ladoos after delivery as well. Now, you must be wondering how to simply make these delicious ladoos, so here is a super easy Gond ke ladoo recipe. So let’s begin.
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Super tasty and healthy- GOND KE LADOO!
- Brown sugar: 200gms gur ki shakkar
- Wheat flour: 200gms
- Desi ghee: 250gms
- Almonds: a handful
- Cashew: a handful
- Muskmelon seeds: 1bowl
- Gond: 1bowl edible gum
- White Pepper: a little dakhni mirch
- Coconut: 1bowl grated
- 10. Sage herb: a little Kamarkas
- 11. Cardamom powder: a little for essence
In a medium pan, roast wheat flour with 2 big spoon of desi ghee till they turn light brown in colour and then keep aside in a bowl.
Dry roast the muskmelon seeds for 1-2 and white pepper as well for 1-2 mins but separately.
In a pan pour desi ghee and heat up. Add the Gond and fry then till they are little brown in color and then take them out of the pan on a plate.
In a blending jar, grind muskmelon seeds and white pepper and pour the mixture into the roasted wheat flour which we kept in a bowl. Now, Grind the fried Gond and add that to the bowl as well. Now add Kamarkas, grated coconut, sugar and cardamom powder and mix well. Pour a little desi ghee and mix the ingredients well. Gradually add more desi ghee so that the mixture gets the binding consistency and then make small Balls/Ladoos out of it and keep on a plate.
Now, enjoy these sweet balls of health anytime you want.
- Edible gum or Gond can be brought easily in the market.
- Adding muskmelon seeds or kamarkas gives the ladoo a great texture and taste.
- Fry the Gond till they are brown and check on them by pressing in between fingers, if they break down into fine texture easily then they are good to go.
- Adding ghee gradually to the mixture helps it to bind easily.