Pasta, a pure Italian cuisine is a household favorite nowadays. Kids or even the younger lot just love to munch on creamy and delicious pasta. White sauce is actually Béchamel sauce that was originated in the early 19th century in France. There is a theory that is believed that the great Italian born chefs brought this super tasty white sauce made of flour and other ingredients to France and there the White sauce pasta was born. Nevertheless whoever is behind its origination was a genius as this white sauce pasta actually tastes divine. The white sauce pasta is a treat to eat and is super easy to make the way White sauce pasta recipe we have shared. Homemade White sauce pasta recipe is not rocket science to follow and one can easily enjoy and make it a home for a great meal. Some prefer to know it as white sauce pasta recipe Italian way so be it, it is super amazing to have. White sauce pasta is a super great meal to be served to kids as you can pack many veggies in it like broccoli and olives which kids don’t like much.
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Creamy and tasty: White sauce Pasta!
- Pasta: 150gms
- Black pepper: 1tbs
- Salt: 1tbs
- Maida: 2tbs
- Pizza seasoning: 1tbs
- Chili Flakes: 1tbs
- Red bell pepper: a little chopped
- Green bell pepper: a little chopped
- Onion: 1pc fine chopped
- Garlic cloves: 8-10nos diced
- Sweet corn kernels: a little
- Baby corn: 4-5nos sliced into long pieces
- Mozarella cheese: 100gms
- Oil for frying/sautéing
- Milk: 300ml
- Butter: 50gms
Step 1: Boiling the pasta
- In a medium sized deep pan boil the pasta in 2 glasses of water, ½ tbs of salt and 1-2tbs of oil. Keep stirring in between but do not overcook the pasta as it may break off.
- After it boils, drain of the water.
- Now let’s make the white sauce!
Step 2: Sauce making
- In a pan take 50gms and melt it. Add the maida and mix well. Fry the maida a little and keep stirring so it doesn’t stick to the pan. Now, gradually add the milk and mix so that the mixture is not lumpy but smooth.
- Furthermore let’s add ½ tbs salt, ½ tbs black pepper, ½ tbs pizza seasoning and mix well. The mixture must be thickening now so let’s check it with the help of a spoon.
Step 3: Sautéing the veggies
- In a kadhai pour 2tbs of oil and heat up. Put the onion and garlic, fry them a little. Now add the chopped bell peppers both red and green and fry a little as well. Now let’s add the sweet corn and the sliced baby corns as well and mix everything well.
- Furthermore add black pepper and pizza seasoning and mix all of them well for the super taste.
Step 3: Assembling everything in
- It’s time to put the white sauce to the sautéed veggies so let’s do that and mix it well. Add the boiled pasta and mix it well.
- Now, add mozzarella cheese for creaminess and mix it as well. Add a little hot water as to make the sauce more rich and nice in texture. Add a little chili flakes on top. That’s it! Pasta is ready.
Our very rich and creamy white sauce pasta is ready to be served.
- Boiling the pasta to the right state is integral as overcooked pasta is not quite appetizing.
- While making the sauce frying the maida is important to let go of its raw taste and adding milk gradually is necessary so no lumps are formed.
- You can always alter the amount of heat you like by adding less or more chili flakes.
- Always keep stirring the sauce as it should not stick to the bottom of the pan. The sauce will keep on thickening after removed from the heat so always check for its right consistency.
We believe “A happy mind is directly connected to a happy stomach” and that indirectly means good and tasty food. So go on and enjoy this creamy and rich pasta with your family over weekends and make your kids feel the joy as well. It is super easy and wholesome as well. Happy Cooking!