Shahi paneer as the name suggests was a dish prepared for the royals (in reference to the Imperial court) with paneer immersed in thick gravy of spices and cream. It tastes heavenly and is readily served and loved with rotis and naan. It is immensely popular in northern India and is often said to be a Mughlai Cuisine. Mouth watering gravy of Cashew paste, fresh cream with aromatic Indian dry spices is its best features. Wondering how to cook Shahi Paneer? Well here is your answer: Shahi paneer recipe step by step with pictures to help you out. It’s an easy shahi paneer recipe and is very popular among us Indians. We all love that Shahi paneer recipe restaurant style. So let’s enjoy it.
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Yummy and tasty: Shahi Paneer!
- Paneer: 400gms
- Tomato: 4pc pureed
- Onion: 4pc fine paste
- Cashew: 20-25 blended in fine paste
- Salt: 1tbs
- Garam masala: 1tbs
- Kashmiri red chili powder: 1 ½ tbs
- Turmeric: 1tbs
- Ginger-garlic paste: 1tbs
- 10. Coriander powder: 1tbs
- 11. Milk: 1 cup
- 12. Refined oil: 100ml
- 13. Fresh cream: 200gms
- 14. Bay leaf: 2pc
- 15. Cumin seeds: 1tbs
- 16. Cinnamon stick: 1inch
- 17. Black cardamom: 1pc
- 18. Green cardamom: 2-3pc
- 19. Clove: 4-5pc
- 20. Black pepper balls: 15-20pcs
- In a kadhai pour 2tbs of oil, heat up. And add cumin seeds, black cardamom, green cardamom, cinnamon, clove, bay leaf, black pepper and fry up.
- Add onion paste and stir well and fry till golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 1-2mins.
- Add kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala and coriander powder, stir well and fry for 1 min.
- Now, add tomato puree and salt, mix well and fry well. Add fresh cream, mix well and cook everything for 1-2mins.
- Add paneer cubes and mix well with the spices. Lower the gas flame and add Cashew paste and mix well. Cook for 1-2mins.
- Now, add 1 cup of milk, mix well. Cover the lid and cook for 3-4mins.
- It must be done, remove the lid and check.
Serve it hot with roti or rice. Enjoy and yeah Happy Cooking!
- Fry the onions well as if they are not cooked well, the gravy won’t taste nice.
- To make Cashew paste, blend 15-20 cashews with a little milk so that a fine paste is made.
- Pour adequate amount of milk not too much nor too little so that the gravy becomes super delicious.