This creamy rich dessert is a original recipe of Indian household. It typically belongs to Varanasi but a few believes that it made its way to India via Iran or Afghanistan during ancient times. No matter where it came from it did do the right thing by coming on to our plates, right? Rabri is nothing but a dessert made by heating sweetened milk in kadhai without lid or any open vessels so the creams forms and those cream are set aside to form the part Rabri. This rich dessert is quite famous across every town. The taste of Rabri is so rich that people at times think it is a difficult recipe. Well no there is very easy Rabri recipe that I am sharing. It’s like the Instant rabri recipe but just skip the instant part to patient part. Rabri requires patience. So here is step by step rabri recipe to try at home Enjoy!
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Yummy and Delicious: Lacchedar Rabri at home!
Step 1: Boiling the milk and making the Rabri.
- At first, pour entire milk in a kadhai and bring to boil. We need to gradually reduce the milk by keep boiling it and stirring in every 1-2mins.
- When milk starts to boil, lower the gas flame. The milk will start reducing and film of cream will develop on top. Keep setting aside the cream at one side.
- Keep repeating the process of setting aside the cream every time it forms on top. Making Rabri is a process which requires patience. So be patient as the end result is super delicious.
- After a while the milk will thicken with malai in it. With light hands scratch the edges of the kadhai which has malai as well and stir well. Mix cardamom powder and sugar as well and turn the gas off and let it cool down.
Step2: Serving the Rabri.
After a while when the Rabri has cooled down add serve it well with a little garnishing of pista, almonds and a pinch of saffron. Enjoy!
Voila, your amazing and yummy rabri is ready!
- We need to use full fat cream for the best results.
- Rabri is supposed to be lightly sweetened so just the right amount of sugar is needed.
- Making Rabri is a simple process but requires a lot of patience. We need to keep stirring the rabri in every 1-2mins so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the Rabri cools down it will set further more.