Veg Manchurian is the birth child of two different cultures in one single plate. Manchurian is deeply inspired by china but to adapt to its Indian foodies it altered the seasonings but the style of cooking remained true Chinese. And nowadays it is one of most loved “Indian-Chinese” dish. This indianized Chinese dish is super delicious and extremely easy to make. So let’s get you started.
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
VEG MANCHURIAN RECIPE
- Cabbage- 1 medium bowl grated
- Cauliflower- 1 medium bowl grated
- Carrots- 1 medium bowl grated and juices squeezed
- Maida- ½ bowl
- Spring onion- 1pc with the stems
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 ½ tbs.
- Corn flour- 3tbs.
- Soy sauce- 2tbs.
- White vinegar- ½ tbs.
- 10. Salt- as per taste
- 11. Red chili powder- 1/2tbs.
- 12. Tomato- 1pc pureed
- 13. Green chili- 2pcs chopped into small pieces
Step 1: Making the batter for Manchurian balls
- In a bowl take the grated cabbage, cauliflower, carrot (do keep aside small portion of 3 of them for the gravy as well).
- Add 1tbs. of Soy sauce, 4tbs. Maida, 2tbs. corn flour, 1tbs. Salt, ½ tbs. red chili powder, chopped green chilies and mix well. Kneed it well in a nice dough.(if the dough seems sticky add corn flour and maida accordingly)
Step 2: Frying the balls
Heat oil in a medium pan. Make small round balls and fry them till they are golden brown.
Take them out on a tissue paper and keep aside.
Step 3: The gravy part
- Heat oil in a pan; add spring onions and ginger-garlic paste. Fry till they are brown.
- Add kept aside veggies (cabbage, cauliflower, carrots) and stir well. Add a pinch of red chili powder, salt (as per taste), white vinegar, soy sauce and mix well.
- Add chopped green chilies and spring onion stems and stir well. (The heat of chilies can be according to one’s taste buds)
- Now, mix 1tbs. of corn flour with water making syrup and add to the gravy. Mix well and add 1 glass of water to get the right consistency for gravy. Cook well till the gravy is thick.
- Add the fried Manchurian balls to the gravy and keep stirring and cook for 1-2min so that the gravy seeps into the balls as well.
Step 4: Serve up!
Serve this yummy and delicious delicacy while its hot. Add garnishing of spring onion stems. Enjoy!
Enjoy this delicious Manchurian recipe whenever you crave Chinese. Its super easy to make and tastes heavenly. Happy cooking!
- Fine grate cabbage, cauliflower and carrots, so its easy to bind them in a dough.
- You can always increase the chili usage according to the level of heat you prefer.
- It serves around 2 people as it makes up to 12 balls. Alter the proportions for more servings.