Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Yummy and tasty Chena Rasgulla at home
Rasgulla, that sweet is like explosion of so many great tastes in our mouth on so many different levels. This sweet is heaven sent and is sure to just make our heart melt. Well at least for me and I believe you all will agree with me as well. Rasgulla is basically a typical Indian delicacy and has a sweet little action packed story of its own. It is believed to have had a sweet feud between two states for its origination- Odisha and West Bengal but our very own Bangalis won the battle and have trademarked and bought the patents to it. Like literally! Everyone loves rasgullas, we all do right? Well who can deny such a sweet dessert? It’s not science to make it and super easy to make. Bengali Rasgulla can be easily made at home in no time with little efforts. So today I am sharing an easy chena rasgulla recipe which is a step by step preparation of chena rasgullas. So why wait let’s begin!
Yummy and tasty Chena Rasgulla at home
- Milk: 1.5ltr Full cream
- Sugar: 300gms
- Lemon Juice: Of 2 Lemons
- Sooji/Semolina: 2tbs
- Corn flour/ arrowroot powder: 2tbs
- Baking powder: ¼ tbs
- Baking soda: 1pinch
- Kewra water optional: ½ tbs
- Pistachio: for garnishing crushed
Step 1: Making the chena
- At first boil 1.5litres of milk. When the milk will start to boil turn the gas off.
- Gradually start adding lemon juice to it so it breaks down and Chena forms. Keep stirring lightly so the milk breaks nicely.
Step 2: Straining the Chena
- Now, take a medium bowl and place mulmul/muslin cloth on top of it. Gradually pour the chena on top of it so that the water drains off.
- Now, wash the chena at least twice so that the sourness subsides. Now squeeze all the water out of the chena so that a nice chena balls shapes up and keep aside for a few minutes. Make sure no water remains.
Step 2. Kneading the Chena
- Now take the chena ball out on a plate and start kneading well so it smoothens.
- Now add sooji, arrowroot, ¼ tubes baking powder and pinch of baking soda and knead it with firm hands for at least 10mins so that the mixture is nice and smooth without cracks.
Step 3: Making chena balls
Make small round chena balls out of the chena kneaded without cracks. Now cover it with lid.
Step 4: Making sugar syrup
- Place a kadhai, pour sugar in it and water about 2cup and stir to mix and make sugar syrup now turn the gas on.
- We need to refine the sugar syrup as well so add a little milk so the waste starts to float on top and lightly remove the film from top.
- Now, put the balls in sugar syrup and let it boil for about 10mins on full flame. Rasgullas are almost ready so remove the lid and cook for more 10mins without lid on full flame. Lightly stir.
Step 5: The consistency of Sugar syrup
- The syrup shouldn’t be too thick. Now add a 1tbswater for the right consistency. When the syrup will start to boil we will keep adding water gradually 3-4times little by little so the syrup is runny not too thick.
- The temperature should not drop instantly.
- Now we will cook for 5more mins. Turn the gas off and let it cool off.
Step 6: Adding kewra water(Optional)
Let’s add ½ tbs kewra water which is optional. It gives the syrup a great aroma and the rasgullas a great taste. Mix with light hands. The Ragullas are ready so let it cool down in the chasni only. Cover the lid.
Step 7: Serving up
- The rasgullas are cooled off and have come to room temperature. I will break one and you can see the perfect texture. So let’s take it out on a bowl. Now add a little Pistachio garnish and refrigerate it and enjoy at home for sure.
- Having great and yummy rasgullas that just melts in your mouth is a feeling that words can’t describe. Don’t you guys agree? Well making those rasgullas is no more rocket science. Just follow this super easy recipe and make the best and most delicious rasgullas for your guests or the festivities at home. Chena rasgulla recipe is super easy just follow the tips and tricks well and you are good to go and make heavenly rasgullas. So go on and make the taste. Happy Cooking!
Enjoy the Super cool & Juicy Rasgulla
- While making chena out of milk gradually add 2 lemon juices and lightly stir so milk breaks down nicely. Instead of lemon juice one can use vinegar as well.
- To drain the chena muslin cloth is used if not cotton cloth too can be used.
- Baking soda and baking powder should be given in appropriate quantity.
- Kneading the chena is very important. At least for 15-20mins kneading is important so that the balls become nice and without any cracks.
- We need light consistency sugar syrup not too thick or too runny so gradually add water according to need.
- Kewra water just add a great aroma to the overall raasgullas.
- The rasgullas should be cooled down and then refrigerated for the best taste.
Click to follow me on Facebook and Youtube