During the monsoon season, all we need is a cup of great Chai and some good Moong dal pakoras with chutney to enjoy. These pakoras are a great tradition we Indians have associated with rainy seasons. And when they are made with love and care and served hot, it’s a blessing from heaven. Wondering how to cook Moong dal pakoras? Don’t worry here is a quick and instant recipe of moong dal pakoras.
Watch the full recipe video in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Instant and quick- Moong dal pakoras!
- Moong Beans Moong dal: 200gms(without skin and soaked in water for 2-3hrs)
- Red chili powder: 1tbs
- Turmeric powder: ½ tbs
- Salt: 1tbs
- Fennel seeds: 1tbs
- Green chili: 4-5pcs
- Chat masala: as per taste
- Hing asafetida: 1pinch
- Refined oil for deep frying
Step 1: Making the batter
- At first, grind the already soaked moong dal in a mixer with the green chilies. Add water to get the right coarse consistency.
- In a medium bowl, take the grinded moong dal, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, fennel seeds, hing and mix the mixture well.
Step 2: Frying the pakoras
Heat oil in a medium kadhai and with the help of a spoon pour small portion of pakora batter like balls in the oil. Fry it on a low flame while stirring with light hands till they turn golden brown.
Serve it up
Serve them hot with green chutney or even ketchup and enjoy while having tea with your family. Happy Cooking!
- Soak the moong dal before hands as it helps the pakoras to turn lout nice.
- Blend the moong dal into a rough texture, not too fine.
- Make small portions of pakoras with a spoon and fry but don’t burn.
Click to follow me on Facebook and Youtube