Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Yummy Homemade: KALA JAMUN RECIPE
Don’t you get the water in my mouth situation whenever you see yummy and juicy Kala Gulab Jamuns? Well I certainly do! Kala gulab Jamuns are like my favorite because they are so nice that I can’t explain. Well do you people know that Kala gulab Jamuns are a patent dessert that is available in almost every part of India? Well it is the most common dessert loved by all. Well so much sweetness, right? Kala Gulab Jamuns with Khoya basically originated in the times of Mughal rule where it was accidentally made by the Emperor’s chef. No matter the accident turned out great for us. Kala Gulab Jamun is a very popular dessert and Kala Gulab Jamun recipe is very simple. You can easily enjoy homemade Kala Gulab Jamuns at home. Today I am sharing a simple and easy Kala Gulab Jamun recipe with khoya that you can make and enjoy. Here is step by step recipe to make easy Kala Gulab Jamun at home. So let’s begin!
Yummy Homemade: KALA JAMUN RECIPE
- Sugar: 750gms
- Khoya/Mawa: 250gms
- Paner: 50gms
- Semolina/sooji: 50gms
- Maida: 50gms
- Baking Powder: 1/4th tbs
- Dry fruits: fine chopped a little almonds,cuddapah almonds, cashew
- Refined oil for frying
- Cardamom: for essence
Step 1: Mashing the Khoya
First of all we need to mash the khoya and smoothen it. So put it on a plate and mash it with the palms and smoothen it.
Step 2: Adding ingredients to Khoya
Now after smoothening the khoya grate the paneer and add into the khoya. Put the semolina and maida in it as well and gradually and nicely make a nice dough out of it. Knead it into a nice and smooth dough.
Step 3: Making the stuffing
Now it’s time to make the Kala Jamun’s stuffing. We don’t need much stuffing so just take a little dough in a small bowl and put the dry fruits chopped in it. Put 1tbs sugar as well and mix everything well.
Step 4: Making the Gulab Jamun balls
- Now its time to make balls for the Kala gulab jamuns. Take a small portion and make ball and then spread it well in between and put a little stuffing in it and then round it up in a ball again without any cracks. Make all the balls like this.
- Cover it now with a cloth.
Step 5: Preparing the sugar syrup
Now its time to prepare the sugar syrup for the Kala Gulab Jamun. Put a saucepan with depth on gas and turn the gas on. Pour the sugar in it and put 300ml of water and half a cup more. Let it melt and keep stirring it with light hands so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom. Let it boil for 1-2mins more and then add cardamom smashed or powder and mix again. We don’t need a very thick syrup just a little sticky one. It’s almost done.
Step 6: Frying the Balls
- Now put the oil to heat up for frying the jamuns. Check with a little mixture ball whether it’s heated up. We don’t need excessive warm oil but the gulab jamuns should cook gradually. So now put the balls in and don’t make the kadhai overcrowded.
- Fry them on medium flam only otherwise they will brown up from the outside but won’t cook inside. So we need to cook them on medium flame and when they cook a little then turn the heat up and fry till golden brown.
- Do stir them in between or they will burn. Just we need to fry them to be more brown and darker than usual gulab jamuns. When they are brown then we will turn the flame higher and fry them till they are dark brown. Fry for 1-2mins more so they are nice and brown.
Step 7: Putting them into the sugar syrup
- Now when the Gulab Jamuns are fried nice and brown then put then directly into the sugar syrup and dip them well. Cover it and let them stay for 2-3hours so the syrup seeps into the Kala Gulab Jamuns nicely.
- It’s done and they are nice and soft so let’s serve it now and garnish well with Pistachio. Enjoy!
- Serving great desserts to your guests is such a sastisfying feeling. Well don’t worry anymore serve everyone’s favourite Kala Gulab recipe in your next get together or make during festivities to win everyone’s heart!
Enjoy the super Juicy Kala Gulab jamun
- The Khoya/Mava should be mashed and made smooth for the best of Gulab Jamuns.
- Mix the ingredients with khoya and knead smooth and nice dough.
- Make little stuffing only not too much.
- While making the balls make sure they don’t have cracks or openings.
- While frying the oil should be neither too hot nor cold but warm enough to let the Gulab Jamuns fry up.
- Fry the balls nice and dark brown gradually from low heat to high flame and dip then into the syrup directly.
- Refrigerate the gulab jamun for 2-3hours and they would taste much better.
Click to follow me on Facebook and Youtube