Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Super yummy : Dahi Lauki ki Sabzi
When we hear the word Curd and Bottle gourd, the super yummy and refreshing taste just hits our taste buds. The recipe of bottle gourd cooked with curd is an authentic Rajasthani recipe which has a very unique taste and not to forget that bottle gourd has many nutritional benefits. It has a large amount of water and dietary fibers which is very good for our health. I personally love this authentic Dahi Lauki ki sabzi and it just tastes super great when served in the summers. In this beating heat having something that is super yummy to taste and very light on the stomach is a great catch. Well making this amazing lauki ki sabzi is super easy to prepare and takes no time to make. Lauki ki sabzi dry recipe that I am sharing with curd is a great dish to prepare. So let’s begin and make this super yummy and nutritional dish.
Super yummy : Dahi Lauki ki Sabzi
- Bottle gourd: 700gms peeled and chopped nicely into small cubes
- Curd: 250gms Blended
- Turmeric powder: 1tbs
- Red chili powder: 1tbs
- Coriander powder: 1tbs
- Cumin seeds: 1tbs
- Salt: 1tbs
- Mustard oil: 75gms
Step 1: Boiling the Bottle gourd
First of all bottle gourd is needed to be boiled. So turn the gas on and put on a pressure and pour water in it. Now put the chopped bottle gourd and cover and cook till 2whistles. Turn the gas off and let the pressure release.
Step 2: Preparing the spices
- Now after the bottle gourd is boiled and soft, its time to fry the spices. Take a medium kadhai and pour mustard oil in it and warm it up. Now put the cumin seeds in it and fry till they turn brown.
- Till then take a small bowl and put 1tbs turmeric, 1tbs red chili powder, 1tbs coriander powder, 1tbs salt and pour a little water and mix everything well.
- Now put the spices in the oil and fry well. Fry till the oil starts to separate for 1-2mins more. When the oil starts to separate nicely, strain the bottle gourd and put it in the spices and mix everything well and lower the flame and put on a lid and cook for 10mins.
- After 10mins it has cooked well so turn the gas off and bring it to room temperature.
Step 3: Mixing the curd
- Now when the bottle gourd sabzi has come to room temperature gradually pour the curd in it and mix well. Voila, the super yummy recipe is ready to be enjoyed with parathas or even rice.
- Having one kind of recipe for lunch or dinner can be boring and bland to the taste buds and when we take the name bottle gourd it doesn’t appear with stars surrounding as it is considered not so tasty. Well I truly believe your perception is about to change, try this amazing bottle gourd recipe with curd or let’s say the desi way “Lauki ki dahi wali sabzi” and give your taste buds a treat. Bon appetite, Happy cooking folks!
Enjoy the Super cool Dahi wali lauki
- I have cooked this recipe in a pressure cooker, you can use a kadhai instead as well.
- Bottle gourd needs to be peeled and chopped and then boiled till they are easily mashed with hands. This way the recipe turns out super great in texture.
- Curd needs to blend smoothly so no lumps are formed.
- It is important to fry the cumin seeds till they are dark brown as this makes the taste go super great and put the bottle gourd in the spices when they are nicely cooked.
Click to follow me on Facebook and Youtube