Tomato soup even called Gazpacho is a dish of Spanish origin. It is widely consumed in Spanish cuisine and from there it made its way to our homes and became the perfect thing to have on a cold winter night. Tomato soup is full of nutrition and is super easy to make. So here is a super and easy way on how to cook the perfect tomato soup. Enjoy them over with croutons or soup sticks. So let’s cook the easy and delicious tomato soup.
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Quick and yummy Tomato Soup recipe!
- Tomato: 6-7pcs
- Onion: 1pc medium chopped
- Black pepper: ¼ tbs powder
- Garlic: 4-5cloves
- Sugar: ½ tbs
- Salt: ½ tbs
- Fresh cream: a little
- Desi ghee: 1tbs
- Bay leaf: 1pc
- Black pepper whole: a few
- Clove: 2pcs
- Cinnamon stick: 1inch
Step 1 : Preparing the tomatoes
- Roughly chop all the tomatoes into big pieces.
- Turn on the gas stove; in a pressure cooker add desi ghee, bay leaf, clove and cinnamon stick. Stir well.
- Add chopped onion and stir well and fry a little. Add tomatoes and mix well. Add a little salt and mix.
- When tomatoes are soft add about 1 glass of water and cover the lid, let it cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes in the pressure cooker.
- Turn the gas of after 5mins and let it cool down.
- Now, remove the lid and pick out the bay leaf from it.
Step 2 : Blending the tomatoes
- In a blender jar, pour the entire tomato contents and blend into a fine puree.
- Now, with the help of a fennel drain the tomatoes, use the water of the tomatoes as well and set aside.
Step 3 : Cooking the soup
- Take a medium pan and put it on gas stove, now add the drained tomato puree and stir for awhile.
- Add sugar, ¼ black pepper powder and mix well and cook well for 2-3 mins till it thickens.
- Now, your soup is ready to be served with soup-sticks or even alone. Pour it into bowls and add fresh cream as a topping and fresh coriander and enjoy this yummy and super delicious soup. Happy Cooking!
- Use a pressure cooker to boil the tomatoes as its easy using it.
- Adding dry spices enhances the taste of the soup even more.
- We have not used corn starch to thicken the soup as it wasn’t required.
- You can serve this soup in winters or even in summers; it’s quite popular with the kids.