If there is a food that tastes yummy and even is super healthy, well it’s a dream food then. Til ke ladoo is one such ideal traditional Indian dessert that is an amazing amalgamation of roasted sesame seeds with brown sugar and yummy flavoring ingredients like khoya and cardamom. It has super great medicinal properties even. It is often coined as Tilkut and is often prepared during winters. Til ke ladoo benefits are even innumerous in numbers and are very good for the kids to boost up immunity. Sesame has heating properties that is why it is ideally prepared around winters. This tastes heavenly but is super easy to prepare at home. One gets the til ke ladoos in the market but preparing this at home gives it a great taste. Over here we are sharing a super easy and healthy til ke laddoo recipe with khoya. So why wait let’s prepare this and win everybody’s heart. let’s begin!
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Super tasty and healthy: Til ke Ladoo!
- White sesame seeds: 250gms
- Brown sugar: 200gms
- Khoya: 150gms
- Wheat flour: 1 bowl
- Desi ghee: 3-4tbs
- Cardamom powder: 1tbs
- Raisins: a little
- Grated coconut: a little
Step 1: Dry roast the sesame seeds
In a medium kadhai dry roast the sesame seeds for 2-3mins so they start to change color. Keep on stirring continuously so that it doesn’t burn. Now when they are done keep aside in a bowl.
Step 2: Fry the wheat flour
In a pan put the wheat flour and add 2tbs of desi ghee and mix well and fry a little so they doesn’t taste chalky and raw. Keep stirring otherwise it will burn and just fry till they change color and then keep out in a bowl.
Step 3: Roast the Khoya
In a kadhai on medium flame roast the khoya as well. Keep stirring so the khoya roasts well and changes color. Now take it out in the same bowl as the wheat flour.
Step 4: Grinding the sesame seeds
We dry roasted the sesame seeds and now we need to grind them a little coarse. So using a blender jar we will grind it. Take it out in a big bowl.
Step 5: Making the ladoos
- Now pour the khoya and wheat flour mixture in the grinded sesame seeds bowl and add brown sugar as well. Put the cardamom powder and raisins and grated coconut as well.
- Mix the ingredients well with hands. Grease the palm of your hands a little with ghee and make small round ladoos and keep on a plate.
Our yummy ladoos are ready. So go on and enjoy.
- Frying the wheat flour with a little ghee lets the rawness of wheat flour subside.
- Roasting the khoya makes the til ke ladoo last long as it increases its eating life If we won’t roast the khoya the Ladoos can be consumed within 4-5days only.
- Grinding the sesame seeds gives the ladoos a more yummy taste and a nice texture.
- If the mixture is not binding add a 2-3tbs oil milk or desi ghee, it will bind easily.
We all want to make our kids eat healthy but they treat healthy food with the notion that it will taste bad. Well it is not true all the time. Healthy food can be tasty too. Til ke ladoo is a super example. Make this yummy ladoos at home and let your kids and family members indulge in its yummy taste. And as you can see it isn’t rocket science nor it takes a lot of your time. So go on and make the ladoos and enjoy at home. Happy Cooking!