Vanilla cake, ummmm sounds heavenly! Every one of us has a sweet tooth and when it is this super soft and spongy vanilla cake, it is hard to stop craving. Vanilla cake had its roots tied back to the Victorian era where it was basically sweetened bread. But it grew to be more delicious through years. Now, one can easily bake a yummilicious Vanilla cake in their home. This classic dish is super easy to make and that too without an oven. Let me show you how to bake soft and moist Vanilla cake in a pressure cooker which tastes delicious. Simple recipe but delicious result!
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Delicious Vanilla cake baked in a PRESSURE COOKER!
- Refined sugar- 250gms
- Refined oil- 5tbs.
- Luke warm milk- 1cup
- Eggs- 2pc
- Vanilla essence- 1tbs.
- Baking powder- ½ tbs.
- Baking soda- 1 tsp.
- A pinch of salt.
Step 1: Preheat the pressure cooker
- Place the pressure cooker on the stove and turn on the flame. Layer the inside of the cooker with salt and place a stand in it.
- Now, cover the lid of the pressure cooker and let it heat up. (Do not put whistle on the pressure cooker lid, we need it without it)
Step 2: Making the batter
- In a medium size bowl, place a fennel. Pour maida, 1 tbs baking soda, 1 pinch of salt and refine them.
- Add entire refined sugar, eggs, refined oil and 1tbs vanilla essence and pour a little luke warm milk and whisk smoothly.
- To get the right consistency of the batter pour little luke warm milk and whisk well. Add a little luke warm water as well to make the batter lump free and smooth.
Step 3: Baking
- Take a medium size cake mold and place a butter paper inside its bottom.
- Grease the mould as well as the paper with butter so the cake easily comes out when it’s baked nicely.
- Pour the entire batter and tap it on for a even layer and removing air bubbles.
- Now, the best part! Place the mould in the pre-heated pressure cooker and cover the lid. (Make sure the whistle is not attached to the lid, we don’t need that)
- Bake the cake on a low flame for about 45mins but do check after 30 minutes so that it doesn’t burn.
- To check dip a wooden stick/knife inside the cake, if it comes out clean, your cake is all good to go.
- Now, turn off the gas and remove it from the stove.
Step 4: De-molding
- With the help of a clean and sharp knife free the edges of the cake from the mold.
- Open the mould and tap the cake on a plate. Remove the lower cake plate as well.
- Slowly remove the butter paper.
- Now, place the cake straight on a place and cut pieces of it accordingly. And you are ready to serve.
And the last part, Indulge folks! Go make your family and your sweet tooth happy. Happy baking!
- This recipe is super easy and tastes delicious.
- Always use appropriate quantity of contents for the best possible result while baking.
- Use the pressure cooker without the whistle.
- I have used a cake mold but you can always use another utensil if you want just grease it well for best results.
- The cake needs to be baked on a low flame. But normally the flame capacity varies with different brand of gas stove and sometimes also the capacity of pressure cooker matters in regulating the flame. Keep these in check.