Watch the full recipe video in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Royal falooda or the shahi falooda is a taste bomb. It basically is a typical origination of our “AAMCHI MUMBAI”. Royal falooda is served with lots of fruits and many different flavors and delights which make it a hard to resist dessert. In the unbearable and deadly summer a tall glass of Royal falooda ice-cream is like a life savior. It is so tempting to the eyes because of the layers in it of amazing fresh fruits, falooda laccha and yummy chilled ice-cream. It is very popular among kids. So you must be wondering on how to make Royal falooda/Shahi falooda, well worry no more here is a step by step Royal falooda recipe. Enjoy this shahi falooda recipe which is super quick and easy to make. Enjoy!
Super yummy and delicious: Royal Falooda!
Ingredients: (for Royal Falooda)
- Vanilla Ice cream: 1 medium bowl
- Falooda laccha: 1 small bowl recipe shared below to make falooda laccha
- Basil Seeds: 1 cup soaked in bowl of water for 10 mins
- Milk: 1 cup
- Ripe Mango: 1pc diced into fine cubes
- Black grapes: a handful cut into pieces
- Green grapes: a handful
- Rooh afza: 4-5tbs
- Jelly: 4-5tbs optional
- 10. Dry fruits: for garnishing
Ingredients for falooda laccha:
- Arrowroot powder: 1 bowl
- Water: 1.5 cups
Step 1: Making Falooda Laccha
- Falooda lachha is not readily available in the market so there’s a quick recipe to prepare the falooda laccha.
- Take a medium bowl, mix arrowroot powder with 1.5 cups of water. Now, in a pan cook it for 1-2mins, keep stirring. It will turn translucent.
- Now pour the mixture in noodle maker and take ice water in a bowl. Start making noodles and empty it in the ice bowl so that the falooda instantly stiffens and become good.
- Your Falooda is ready to be used.
Step 2: Making the shahi falooda
- Take a tall glass and put scoops of vanilla icecream at the bottom, add 2tbs of basil seeds, 2tbs of falooda laccha, 1-2tbs of roohafzaa, mango pieces, diced black grapes, green grapes and a little jelly on top.
- Now, again repeat a layer of vanilla ice-cream, falooda laccha, a little roohafzaa, basil seeds, mango pieces and again add a little falooda laccha more ice-cream and a little roohafzaa and lastly garnish with lots of dry fruits.
Enjoy the amazing Royal Falooda!!
- Falooda laccha can be available in the market but when it’s not you can make it easily at home.
- Basil seeds need to be soaked in water for 10 mins so they are moist and crunchy to eat. Basil seeds are very good for health.
- You can more fruits as per your wish; there are no restrictions to it.
- Adding roohafzaa and jelly gives the falooda even more yummy taste.