Rava or semolina is quite an easy ingredient to deal with. From rava many things are made in our Indian kitchen. Rava uttapam is a super easy and instant breakfast recipe. Rava uttapam is a very popular breakfast served in south Indian homes. Uttapam is a very nutritional breakfast recipe that is enjoyed in every household nowadays. Prepered more like a dosa just its more like a pancake rather than fine crepes like dosa.There are many variation with the way uttapams are made and the quickest and easiest way is with Rava. Uttapam is packed with great flavours and benefits of vegetables; one can make it whatever they like like paneer uttapam, mushroom uttapam or onion uttapams as well. You must be wondering how to cook this rava uttapam with curd at home? Well Uttapam batter recipe is super easy and one can easily prepare vegetable uttapam recipe and enjoy a delicious breakfast at home.
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Super quick and easy: Rava Uttapam!
- Semolina/sooji/rava: 200gms
- Curd: 200gms
- Green Bell pepper: 3medium pc fine diced
- Onion: 3medium pc fine diced
- Tomato: 3medium pc fine diced
- Green chilies: as per taste
- Salt: 1tbs
- Oil for greasing
- Oil for frying as well
- Curry leaves: 3-4nos fine diced
- Black Mustard seeds: ½ tbs
Step 1: Making the batter
- In a bowl pour rava, curd and mix well. Pour ½ cup of water and mix it well and let it rest for 20mins.
- After 20mins add a little water and mix well. Add salt, chopped green chilies, chopped onions, green bell pepper, tomatoes (do keep aside a handful of veggies to use on the top of uttapam) and a little more water and mix well to form a nice batter of the correct consistency.
Step 2: Tadka
In a tadka pan pour 2tbs of oil and heat up. Add black mustard seeds, chopped curry leaves and let it crackle and change color and then add the tadka to the uttapam batter and mix well.
Step 3: Making the uttapam
- In a flat pan or tava pour a little oil and brush along the surface. Pour a ladle full of uttapam batter and spread evenly. Add fresh veggies on top that we kept aside while making the batter. Cook till the bottom surface becomes translucent. Do add a few drops of oil on the edges so it doesn’t stick and gradually lightly flip the uttapam to others side.
- Press with the ladle so it cooks well on both the sides.
Plate the uttampam and serve hot with sauce and chutneys of your choice.
- The rava after mixing with curd and water needs to rest so it rises and soaks the water and curd well.
- Adding fresh veggies to the batter itself makes the uttapam taste even yummier.
- Make uttapams according to your choice of size. You can make small uttapams for kids Tiffin boxes as well.
- Adding fresh veggies of your choice on top adds a whole new crunch and taste to the uttapam.