Being an avid foodie I know how well is to try out new food and that too when we can actually cook them ourselves. To enjoy a great plate of snack one doesn’t need to study rocket science. Snacks are a indispensible part of every Indian household. We just love to munch on them. Especially the kids, they are too fond of great finger foods and when that food has cheese well it’s a blessing in disguise. One such great snack is the Potato spiral cutlet. Spiral potato cutlets are a typical Indian recipe with great taste and some amazing crispiness. Potato cutlets are a common delicacy that we all are familiar with and it just has many variations. The potato cutlet or some calls it Potato tikka recipe is easy to follow. It’s like the vegetarian version of famous non-veg cutlets with a unique spiral shape. So here is super easy and step by step recipe of Potato spiral cutlets to make at home.
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Super tasty and authentic: Rajasthani Karara
Butter milk: 1litre
Besan/Gram flour: 150gms
Fresh coriander: 1bowl(chopped for garnish)
Salt: as per taste
Red chili powder
Step 1: Making the besan mixture
- In a plate put the besan in and put 1tbs turmeric, 1tbs red chili powder, 1tbs coriander powder, and salt as per taste and mix everything well.
- Now lightly and gradually sprinkle water with hands and knead the besan so that it becomes course and small droplets like shapes are formed. Make sure not to put so much of water as we do not need the besan to be lumpy only small droplets and not even too big.
- Settle the droplets made to one side of the plate and keep aside.
Step 2: Frying up the besan
In a medium kadhai put 4-5tbs of oil and put a little cumin seeds in and when the seeds are brown put the besan droplets in and fry a little for 2-3mins. When the droplets are fried put the rest of the besan in and fry them as well.
Step 3: Making the masala
- Now put the kadhai on gas and pour 2 big spoonful of oil and heat up. And now in a small bowl put 2tbs of coriander powder, 1tbs of red chili powder, 1 ½ tbs of salt and 1tbs of turmeric and make a solution with a little water.
- Now put 1tbs of cumin seeds and a pinch of asafetida in the oil and fry it. Now pour the water mixture and fry it as well.
- When the masala starts to separate oil put the fried besan in and mix well and fry a little. Put the butter milk and mix well.
- When it starts to boil cover with lid but not entirely and cook on low flame.
- Stir with a ladle and check if it’s cooked well or not. If it has thickened and karara doesn’t separate water then the food is ready.
Serve hot with a little fresh coriander garnishing!
- The besan need to be needed so tiny droplets is made. It shouldn’t be lumpy.
- The besan droplets needs to fried first and then the powdered one. They should not be fried together otherwise powder will burn off.
- The karara should be stirred continuously so it cooks well.
Everyone likes yummy and authentic food and when it’s the yummy and authentic Karara recipe to eat it is heavenly. Trying out new food is everyone’s choice and making this yummy karara is not a great task all it needs is a little precision and patience. Make this yummy dish at home and enjoy the world of Rajasthan on your taste buds. So happy cooking!