We all love pizza and especially that yummy and thick sauce that is used in pizza. Well that great taste of tomatoes is like the soul of pizza and we all would love to try more of that. Pizza and tomato sauce are like a match made in heaven and that too with an inseparable bond. Pizza is particularly an Italian dish invented in Naples around the late 1880’s and from there only the traces of pizza sauce can be found. Well history is great really! We should be really thankful of being blessed with such mouth watering recipes that have been passed down us. We all know or have tried making pizza at home but end up using the readymade pizza sauce and the taste is not that great. Well here is an easy pizza sauce recipe to take you to Italy straight. Well, just kidding! Here we have tried to share an authentic Italian pizza sauce recipe which can be coined as the best pizza sauce recipe. So let’s begin.
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Super easy and great: Pizza sauce at home!
- Tomatoes: 6
- Garlic cloves: 7-8nos fine chopped
- Onion: 2nos fine chopped
- Oil for frying
- Oregano: 1tbs
- Salt: ½ tbs
- Red chili powder: ½ tbs
- Sugar: 1tbs
- Butter: 50gms
Step 1: Boiling the tomatoes
At first in a pressure cooker pour water just enough to dip the tomatoes. Put the tomatoes in and cover the lid and pressure cook it till 1 whistle. Turn the gas off and let the pressure release, this helps in removing the skin from the tomatoes easily.
Step 2: Blending the tomatoes
Peel off the skin and cut the tomatoes and remove its seeds so the sauce is smooth and great in texture. Now in a blending jar make a fine paste of the tomatoes.
Step 3: Making the sauce
- Now take a pan and pour a little oil and heat up. Add chopped garlic and onion and stir fry them just to cook not to golden brown.
- Now pour the tomato puree and mix well. When it starts to boil add oregano, salt, red chili powder, sugar and mix everything well.
- Furthermore when it boils again add butter and mix well.
- Now cook the sauce on low flame for 2mins with covered lid.
Voila, Pizza sauce is ready.
- We have used chopped garlic and onion because while biting on pizza it tastes great.
- Adding butter is optional but it makes the sauce taste great.
- You can store the pizza sauce well by refrigerating it for 3-4days.
- It is the healthy and tasty option other than the market ones.
Be it us adults or kids we all love the juicy and cheesy pizzas. Well and it tastes even great when served and made with homemade pizza sauce. So let’s enjoy this great authentic Italian and literally the best pizza sauce recipe. Happy cooking people!