Peanut Chiki or Gajak is a traditional Indian sweet dish which serves as an ideal Indian snack and a must have sweet dish around the winters. This chiki reminds of the holiday spirits. Its so yummy to taste and has a super easy recipe. You can make this in no time. So let’s read on How to make Peanut Chiki/Gajak.
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Super Easy and Yummylicious Peanut Chiki/Gajak
- Peanuts: 150gms roasted without skin
- Jaggery: 200gms
- Coconut shreds: 2tbs
- Desi Ghee: 2tbs
- In a pan place Jaggery and put 1tbs of ghee and stir. Let it melt on a low flame. Keep stirring.
- When they start to change color, check for it to be done by pouring a little in bowl of water. If the mixture comes out solid and cracks, it’s done.
Add peanuts and mix. And turn the gas off.
Now grease a plate with a little ghee and spread the mixture on the plate and roll it evenly with a rolling pin.
Add little Coconut shreds over it.
- While it’s still a little hot cut it with a pizza cutter into pieces of your choice.
- It’s the best sweet snack to have in winters during the time of Sankrati and Lohdi.
Make it and enjoy. Happy Cooking!
- I have used jaggery which is frozen and adding ghee while melting it enhances the taste and helps in melting it nicely.
- I have used peanuts which are roasted and without their skins. You can one with skins as well if you like.
- It is important to check on the Jaggery if it’s well cooked or not otherwise Chikis won’t turn out the same.
- Grease a plate with ghee so that the chikis don’t stick while cooling down.
- Cut it into shapes of your choice while they are a little warm otherwise once they have cooled down entirely they won’t cut out nicely.
- Sprinkling Coconuts shreds gives it a nice taste and texture.