Momos, this Tibetan delicacy is hard to resist. And the super zingy and tasty chutney which is served as a dip is mouth watering as well with so much of flavor packed in it. Many people belived chutney to be of English invention but my dear foodies it is truly Indian. It got its name from the Hindi word “Chatna” and thus Chutney was born. Interesting, right? And now let us be back to our tasty and tangy Momo chutney which has a quick and super easy recipe. You can easily make it at your home in no time and serve with yummy Momos or even Spring rolls!
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
SUPER QUICK AND EASY MOMO CHUTNEY RECIPE!
- Red Chili Dry- 4pcs
- Garlic cloves- 10-15pcs
- Ginger- 1inch
- Tomato- 4pcs
- Salt- ½ tbs.
- White vinegar- ½ tbs.
Soak the dry red chilies in luke warm water for 20 minutes so that they softens.
- Dice the tomatoes roughly (as we need to grind them in a blender)
- In a blender jar, add the tomatoes, garlic cloves, ginger, soaked dry red chilies and add salt as well.
- Blend it into a puree.
Now, you can see the chutney is a fine paste but lacks the bold red color. So for that add a few drops of red food colour or even Kashmiri red chili powder and mix well.
- Add white vinegar to it and serve well as a tangy and spicy dipping.
- Enjoy this dipping with hot and steamy Momos, spring rolls or even Hakka noodles.
I told you it was super easy, so enjoy!
- Always soak the dry red chilies in luke warm water, never boil them.
- Blend the ingredients in a fine paste.
- Add vinegar so that you can preserve it better.