Well Idli is something we all are familiar with and even enjoy having as we see it as a super fulfilling and healthy breakfast. Well it is super healthy. Idli is basically rice pancakes that are cooked with fermented lentil and rice batter. It is a typical south India original and is enjoyed in homes with the savory and tangy Sambhar. The traditional way of preparing the Idli batter is a bit of long shot process but if your stomach wants Idli instantly well there’s a quick way too. Well you can always have the super soft Idli of rava/semolina. Rava Idli recipes are super easy as it doesn’t need overnight soaking and fermenting or even the grinding part. With the use of fruit salts Rava Idli with curd is super easy to make. One can easily make soft Idli with our Instant Idli recipe with step by step Idli recipe procedures described. Rava Idli recipes are a quick fix for breakfast for kids. Make this tempting dish at home and enjoy.
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
Super easy and soft: INSTANT IDLI!
- Rava/sooji/semolina: 250gms
- Curd: 150gms
- Salt: ½ tbs
- Refine oil: 2-3tbs
- Eno salt: 1pkt
Step 1: Batter making
At first take a medium bowl, pour sooji, curd and salt in it and mix them well. Add a little water and mix well again. Now keep them aside for 5-6mins so that the sooji softens and the batter consistency is good.
Step 2: Setting the base for steaming
- Turn the gas on and put on a deep utensil and pour 3-4 glass of water in it and boil with the lid covered.
- Grease the Idli mould with refine oil with the help of a brush.
- Now, take the Idli batter and put a little more water to make it the right consistency and add Eno salt to it and 2tbs of water on the salt to activate it. Mix everything well.
Step 3: Pour the batter into the moulds
This step is quite tricky as after adding the salt we need to quickly put the batter in to the mould. So with a spoon put the batter in the moulds and place the mould in the water and cover the lid. Let it be in the steam for 10mins.
Step 4: Serve up
Take the Idlis out from the mould and plate them. Serve them well with tangy and tasty sambhar and enjoy a wholesome healthy breakfast.
- The batter needs to be left to rest for atleast 5-6mins so that the sooji is soft.
- When the Eno salt is added then the batter needs to be quickly moulded and steamed.
- Steaming the Idli nicely is important so that they cook inside and out nice and even.
- Serve the Idlis with hot Sambhar and chutneys as a great breakfast option.
All we ever wish is health and happiness for our loved ones. So why not start our days with a healthy meal as well. Idlis are a great and healthy breakfast option that everyone would love to eat. After all we all love a happy stomach. So do try this hassle free and instant Idli at home and enjoy. Happy Cooking!