Fish fry is an age old recipe and a very easy one. All basically that determines the taste of it is the freshness and choice of a good fish. When a good fish is selected to cook then be assured it would taste great. Fish fry is recipe which is different in different household like there is Bengali fish fry recipe, fish fry recipe Kerala style or even Andhra fish fry .But it is super easy and super quick to make. With so much taste and flavors packed in it one is sure to enjoy having it. But don’t worry there is a easy and quick recipe of fish fry. So let’s start.
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
QUICK AND EASY TO COOK- FISH FRY!
- Singhara Fish: 500gms
- Turmeric powder: ½ tbs
- Red chili powder: 1tbs
- Salt: 1tbs
- Coriander powder: ½ tbs
- Garam masala: 1tbs
- Cumin powder: ½ tbs
- Black pepper powder: ½ tbs
- Ginger-garlic paste: 1 tbs
- Rice starch: 3-4tbs
- Refine oil: 150gms
Step 1 : Marinating the fish
- In a bowl, add haldi powder, red chili powder, salt, coriander powder, garam masala, cumin powder, black pepper powder and ginger-garlic paste and mix it well and let the marination rest for 30 mins.
- Place the fish pieces and coat them well with the spices and add 2-3 drops of oil as well so that spices and fishes bind well together.
Step 2 : Frying the fish
- In a grill pan, pour 2-3tbs oil and brush it well and heat up. Place the fish pieces and fry one side at a time for 1min each.
- Sprinkle little rice flour on both sides of the fishes and fry for 1-2mins. Rice flour makes the fish more crispy and tasty to eat.
Serve it hot with green chutney or dipping of your choice. Enjoy. Happy Cooking!
- Instead of Singhara fish you can opt for any fish of your choice.
- Mix the spices well and coat them well on fishes and let it rest
- We have used a grill pan, but you always use a kadhai as well and deep fry the fishes if you like.
- Fishes tend to cook easily and in no time so do not overcook it.