Kebabs, when we hear this imagination takes us to the Middle Eastern way of those meat kebabs. But don’t be fooled by the name it’s actually more like corn cakes just fried instead of baked. And when you are a vegetarian it is the perfect snack to eat. It may look complex but it is simple to cook crispy corn kebabs. Wondering how to cook crispy corn kebabs? It is super easy. Let’s start.
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
YUMMY AND TASTY CORN KEBABS- How to cook it instantly!
- Sweet corn: 300gms
- Potato: 4pcs Boiled and grated
- Bread crumbs: 1 bowl
- Corn flour: 3tbs
- Gram flour: 4tbs
- Capsicum: 1 fine chopped
- Onion: 1 fine chopped
- Green chili: 2 fine chopped
- Fresh coriander: a handful chopped
- 10. Salt: 1tbs
- 11. Red chili powder: 1tbs
- 12. Garam masala: ½ tbs
- 13. Turmeric: ½ tbs
- 14. Chat masala: 1tbs
- 15. Black pepper powder: ½ tbs
- 16. Lemon Juice: 1tbs
- 17. Ginger: 1tbs grated
Step 1 : Making the corn batter
- In a blender, take sweet corn (keep aside a handful) and blend in a coarse texture.
- Now, in a medium bowl take the blended corn, add potatoes, garam masala, red chili powder, black pepper, and turmeric, salt, chat masala and chopped green chilies and mix well.
- Add bread crumbs, fresh coriander, onion, ginger, capsicum, corn flour, gram flour and lime juice and the corn which we kept aside without blending. Mix the stuffs well to form a batter of the right consistency.
- (Let the mixture set for 15 mins in the fridge so that it stiffens)
Step 2 : Frying the kebabs
- At first, grease palm of your hand with oil and roll down kebabs of the shape of your choice from the mixture. I chose to roll cylindrical kebabs.
- Now, take a kadhai and pour oil in it. Heat up. Deep fry the kebabs for 1-2 mins or till they turn golden brown.
- When done place the kebabs on tissue paper so that excess oil drains out.
Serve it with green chutney and enjoy with your family. Happy cooking!
- Adding veggies and so many spices enhances the taste of the kebabs.
- Adding a handful of sweet corns in the batter, gives the kebabs a great texture.
- When making the batter if you will the batter to be a little runny, add gram flour and get the right consistency.
- Deep fry the kebabs in hot oil but make sure not to burn by stirring it all the time while frying.