Baking a Christmas cake is a English tradition which started around in 16th century. People would add spices and dried fruits to the classic fruit cake recipe and would bake tasty Christmas cakes. A Christmas cake is filled with hidden surprises and amazing taste. You may wonder how to cook Christmas cake, well it is easy. Over here is a easy and quick Christmas cake recipe to get you all in the festive mood. So let’s bake a great Christmas cake without rum !
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
HOW TO COOK CHRISTMAS CAKE- DELICIOUS AND YUMMY IN A SUPER EASY WAY!
- Maida: 300gms
- Unsalted Butter: 200gm
- Eggs: 3pcs
- Powdered Sugar: 300gm
- Cinnamon Powder: ¼ tbs
- Nutmeg Powder: ¼ tbs
- Figs anjeer: 1 small bowl(cut into long pieces)
- Dried apricots Khurmani: 1 small bowl(fine chopped)
- Walnuts: 1 small bowl fine chopped
- Almonds: 1 small bowl Fine chopped
- Raisins kismis: 1 small bowl
- Orange peel: 2 colors about 1 small bowl
- Ginger candy: 1 small bowl
- Baking powder: ½ tbs
- baking soda: ½ tbs
- Chocolate syrup: 3-4tbs
- Chocolate Powder: 2tbs
- Vanilla essence: ½ tbs
- Salt: 1 pinch
- Grape juice: 2glass
- Cashew: 4-5pcs for garnishing
Step 1 : Soaking the candies and dry fruits
In a bowl pour 2 glasses of grape juice. And soak ginger peel, dried apricots, ginger candy, raisins, and figs for 1 hour at least.
Step 2 : Making the matter
- In a medium bowl, add melted butter and whisk well. Add powdered sugar and mix. Then add Eggs gradually and whisk well so that no lumps are formed.
- Add Maida, coco powder, baking powder, baking soda and refine them a little. Add cinnamon powder, nutmeg, salt and mix well.
- Now add walnuts, almonds, soaked dry fruits (ginger candy, orange peel, etch which we soaked in grape juice), chocolate syrup and mix them well.
Step 3 : Baking the cake
- Take a cake pan and grease the pan, add butter paper and grease it as well. Pour the batter and layer it evenly and smoothen the top.
- Add cashew to garnish. And bake it at 150*c for about 60mins.
- Take out the cake after 60mins and with a bamboo stick check if it’s fully baked or not. Pierce the stick in if it comes out clean then it’s done.
- Let it rest and then looses the edges with a knife and unmold it on tapping it out on a plate. Remove the butter paper and turn the cake back straight.
Cut the cake into pieces and serve it well. And enjoy!
- Instead of rum we have used Grape juice. You can always use pomegranate juice as well.
- Fold the batter nicely by adding eggs one by one.
- Brush the cake’s top with rum if you want. Brushing with rum will ensure the cake can be stored for at least a week.