Only the talk of this delicious Chocó lava cake is enough to make our mouth watery. The sweet and moist cake with chocolate oozing out of it is a sight to behold, literally! Did you know Chocó lava cake originated in the year 1987? A New York based chef named Jean-Georges Vongerichten claims to be the inventor of this delicious cake variant though alternative claims have been made by a French Chef and chocolatier Jacques Torres. Anyways whoever is the inventor it sure is a delight to it. That yummy taste of chocolate feels heavenly in our mouth. It may look complex but is super easy to cook choco lava cake without oven. and to be more good this is a Eggless choco lava cake. So let’s get started on how to cook yummy Chocó Lava cake without oven.
Watch the step by step Video Recipe in Hindi (with English subtitles)
YUMMYLICIOUS CHOCOLAVA CAKE RECIPE!
- Maida: ½ cup
- Powdered sugar: ½ cup
- Melted butter: 1/3rd cup
- Dark chocolate: a few cubes
- Luke warm milk: 1 cup
- Vanilla essence: ½ tbs
- Baking powder: ½ tbs
- Salt: a pinch
Step 1 : Preheat the kadhai
In a deep kadhai, pour salt at the base and place a stand. Cover and let it heat.
Step 2: Making the batter
- In a deep bowl, place a fennel refine maida, powdered sugar, chocolate powder, baking powder and salt so that no lumps are there.
- Add vanilla essence and melted butter and mix well. Gradually pour luke warm milk and whisk it till to get the right consistency.
Step 3: Prepping the batter into moulds.
- Take small aluminum bowls and grease them with butter.
- Dust the inside of the bowls with chocolate powder and tap out to remove the extra dust.
- Now, pout the cake batter with the help of a spoon till half of the bowl. Place pieces of dark chocolate cubes in it and again pour the batter a little. (Do not fill the containers entirely)
- Tap the bowls to remove any air bubbles.
Step 4: Baking them using a kadhai.
- Now, place a plate with holes in the preheated kadhai over the stand. Place cake bowls over the plate and covers it with a lid. Cook it for 12-15mins on a medium flame.
- After 15mins check on the cakes. They should be fluffy but moist in between.
- Tap the bowl on a plate, let it come out nicely. Cut it in between and see the chocolate oozing out.
Enjoy this delicious cake with high tea. Happy Cooking!
- Preheat the kadhai nicely. I have used salt but sand can be used as well.
- Refine the maida and sugar and the ingredients so that while whisking no lumps are formed.
- You can always use bowls of your choice just make sure to grease them well and dust.
- While placing dark chocolate inside the batter, place exactly in the middle and avoiding getting to the sides.
- I have used a plate with holes but you can use a normal plate as well. Just make sure the lid that covers the kadhai should cover it properly so that gases don’t come out and cake is cooked nicely.